【Huang Kitchen 黃廚房】炸年糕三明治
【Fried Nian Gao (Sticky Rice Cake)】:
nian gao.....300grams (use hardened nian gao, cut into even thickness.)
yamtaro.....400grams (peel and cut into even thickness.)
sweet potato.....400grams (peel and cut into even thickness.)
all-purpose flour.....60grams (sifted)
rice flour.....60grams (sifted)
ground turmeric powder.....1/4tsp (sifted)
white sesame seeds..... 1/2cup (adjust to taste)
1. First, peel and slice yam/taro, sweet potato and sticky rice cake/nian gao into even thickness and equal pieces. (18 pieces each).
2. Sandwich each sticky rice cake with a slice of taro and a slice of sweet potato. Then set aside while we prepare the batter.
3. First, sift the flours and ground turmeric powder into a mixing bowl.
4. Add water and whisk batter ingredients into a semi-thick and smooth batter.
5. Stir in baking powder and salt.
6. Then, add in toasted white sesame seeds. Mix well. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes and we are ready to fry the nian gao.
7. First, heat up oil in a wok.
8. Dip the sandwiched nian gao into the batter.
9. Then, carefully place into hot oil.
10. Reduce heat and in batches, fry the sandwiched sticky rice cake until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes. And we're done!
11. Remove from wok and drain off excess oil on paper towel before serving. It is best eaten while it is warm so serve immediately when done. As always, ENJOY!
本食譜摘錄自：Huang Kitchen 黃廚房